Monday, July 21, 2008

Something is Going on in Northrend

I haven't been ignoring all of the recent news about the Wrath beta starting up and the wealth of information on classes, zones, professions, and a plethora of other new things in the next expansion. WoW Insider seems to be as good a place as any to get all the information you could hope for. I have, however, been cautious about how much info I read.

I think I've decided that I want to go into Northrend just like my character will be going into Northrend. Basically, blind. I started playing Warcraft in April of '07 after the Burning Crusade was already out and people had left Azeroth behind. I found places like WoW Head, and WoW Wiki rather quickly to help me find quest objectives and boss strategies and general 'how to' information. It helped me to level quickly, and it helped to know what I was doing when I got to a boss fight so I didn't look like a n00b.

But with Northrend and the expansion, I'll be going in at pretty much the same time as the rest of the player base. Obviously things will get onto the web from the beta, but most of us won't be experiencing it until Blizzard finally pinpoints their ominous release date. I want to explore Northrend without coordinates, complete quests from just the quest text alone, and work out for myself the strategies on bosses in dungeons. It's going to make it harder, but it's going to make it a lot more satisfying when I complete that quest, or kill that boss.

It might mean it takes me longer to reach 80, or have to endure several wipes before I can finish an instance, but I'm looking forward to a fresh new start in the frozen north.

No comments: