Monday, September 22, 2008

Brewfest!

Brewfest is upon us! The dwarves know how to throw a party, and a party is what they're having at the base of the mountain in Ironforge. Lal and Salthier have been enjoying the festivities, throwing mugs of ale at Dark Iron Dwarves, racing rams, and venturing into Blackfathom Deeps to dispose of the worst of the evil dwarves, Coren Direbrew.

Ah, Coren. He's managed to drop a lot of loot for us. I'm lamenting the fact that I bought the equivalent 41 badge trinket on Elionene the day before Brewfest started, but I decided to make the best of it, and now I'm rocking both the Bloodlust Brooch, and the Empty Mug of Direbrew. I'm thrilled that he's easier than Ahune from the fire festival was. I mean, I like a challenge, but I never killed Ahune after many many tries, and let's be honest. It's so much more fun to beat a boss and take his loot over and over, hoping for that one drop, than to never be able to kill the boss. Lal got both the healing and the spell damage trinkets. She also picked up a Direbrew Remote and the Brewfest Ram, of which that's the only one I've seen drop. I'm sure we'll be seeing a lot of Coren over the next week or so.

Tonight, the Karazhan group from Friday is going into the tower again to try and finish up what we didn't get to, and we didn't get to a lot. I can chalk that up to four failed attempts on Nightbane. I really wish I could figure out what our problem was, but we were struggling. We had to call it after Curator, so we've got a fair amount of dungeon to do tonight. Aran, Illhoof, Chess, and Prince are on the docket, with an attempt on Netherspite I hope. And depending on how the group feels, we may go back to kill Nightbane as well. I have a couple quests that involve taking him out!

I'm still staying fairly expansion information free. And the big news of the week is that my office has disallowed any internet access to websites about video games, which means no WoWhead, no WoWwiki, no warcraft forums. Looks like I'll need to find time at home to link items and post pictures. But for now I still have access to my blog, and yeah, maybe I shouldn't be posting while at work anyway.

No comments: